Thursday, June 19, 2014

Blueberry Granola Yogurt Cups






Yogurt + Granola + Fresh Blueberries = A delicious and filling summer breakfast or afternoon snack.

We've got blueberries! We love them fresh from the bushes, so when we visited the blueberry farm and picked our berries last June, I looked for ways to enjoy them before they had to be frozen.

This year, I decided to make two trips instead of one. Staying up until midnight last year giving the berries time to cool down from the hot field, picking through the random leaves and stems (I have a few young pickers), bagging up and getting them into the freezer…that was not too appealing to me this year.

And, I decided that if we made two trips instead of just one, we would have a longer time to enjoy more fresh berries.

So, we headed to the farm Monday afternoon and picked six gallons of gorgeous blueberries.

Yogurt + Granola + Fresh Blueberries = A delicious and filling summer breakfast or afternoon snack.

Our favorite way to enjoy them is just by themselves, and they make an appearance on the breakfast table every day.

A close second is blueberry granola yogurt cups. A delicious, filling, and nutritious breakfast, these cups are a perfect way to start a summer day, or to enjoy as a mid-afternoon snack. I love mixing fresh fruit and granola with yogurt, and with all our fresh blueberries, they make the perfect fruit choice.

Yogurt + Granola + Fresh Blueberries = A delicious and filling summer breakfast or afternoon snack.

Start by spooning yogurt into a cup, top with some granola, and blueberries. Repeat layers until your cup is filled.

Here is my favorite granola recipe. For these cups, I like to leave the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries out.

Yogurt + Granola + Fresh Blueberries = A delicious and filling summer breakfast or afternoon snack.


Are blueberries a favorite at your house? How do you enjoy them best?

This post may be linked at these great parties.

This post was featured at Creative Mama, Messy House.


12 comments:

  1. I am eating yogurt with granola and blueberries as I am reading this! Such a great breakfast - but I bought my blueberries at the store, and my granola is not homemade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great is that???
    I love to make our own yogurt and granola, but if it comes from the store, it works too, doesn't it?
    Thanks for visiting Susan. Enjoy your breakfast! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! That's a lot of blueberries!

    Your yogurt cups look delicious.

    for me, there's nothing like a fresh blueberry pie (I can imagine the smell right now...).

    Thanks for sharing and for linking up to the SHINE Blog Hop.

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. And we're only half way through, Jennifer! We froze 12 gallons last year and ran out Sunday morning. How's that for timing?

    I don't think I've ever made a blueberry pie. I think I'll give it a try.

    Thanks for stopping by and for hosting your party - it's always a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, Karen. I guess great minds (or hungry stomachs) think alike! You're right, though -- you definitely picked A LOT more blueberries than we did! I know that you're LOVING them right now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that funny? Actually, that is only half the berries. We plan to go back tomorrow for 6 more gallons. We can eat a lot of berries in a year!
      Thanks for visiting. We'll be trying your blueberry streusel bars soon.

      Delete
  6. Hello, my name is Misty and I am the new co-host for the Merry Monday's Linky Party, and wanted to stop by and thank you for linking up this week! This is such an awesome link, and I hope to see you at the next linky party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Misty,
      Thanks for visiting and for co-hosting Merry Monday's Link Party. I love stopping by each week and linking up. Thanks for your kind words. I plan to drop in again next week.

      Delete
  7. We are going blueberry picking next week and I can't wait to try this out with some!! Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh fun! I hope you have a wonderful time! There's so many yummy ways to enjoy them.
      Thanks for hosting your lovely party. It's such a joy to attend. Thanks too for pinning!

      Delete
  8. This looks incredible! Yum! Pinned. We sure do love having you be a part of our party! Please stop by tonight at 7 pm, and party with us. It's a thrill to have you! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly. It's always fun joining your party each week. Thanks for hosting - and thanks for visiting my posts each and every week. I appreciate you!

      Delete