Monday, June 9, 2014

The Taste of Summer: Strawberry Lemonade






I don't know about you, but I think lemonade is the perfect taste of summer. Something about the crisp. tangy-sweet flavor just seems like a lazy afternoon and picnics and green grass...

I don't know about you, but I think lemonade is the perfect taste of summer. Something about the crisp, tangy-sweet flavor just seems like a lazy afternoon and picnics and green grass…

I don't know about you, but I think lemonade is the perfect taste of summer. Something about the crisp. tangy-sweet flavor just seems like a lazy afternoon and picnics and green grass...

Anyway, we love lemonade around our house, and we love to experiment with drinks. Several years ago we experienced fruited lemonade at a restaurant, and were immediately hooked. So, we found a way to make some at home. We've tried a few different fruits, but we always come back to strawberry. It's our very favorite!

Strawberry Lemonade

1 c. sugar
7 c. water, divided
1 c. fresh or frozen strawberries
3/4 cup lemon juice
chopped strawberries and lemon slices, optional

1. In a saucepan, combine the sugar and 1 cup water. Stir and heat until the sugar completely dissolves. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. In a blender combine the lemon juice and strawberries. Blend until the berries are pureed. Add the syrup and blend again.
3. Pour mixture into a pitcher and add 6 cups of cold water. Stir.
4. Garnish with strawberries and lemon slices.
5. Serve with plenty of ice and enjoy!

I don't know about you, but I think lemonade is the perfect taste of summer. Something about the crisp. tangy-sweet flavor just seems like a lazy afternoon and picnics and green grass...

What are your favorite tastes of summer? Do you enjoy homemade lemonade?

This post may be linked at these great parties.

This post was featured at Creative Mama, Messy House and Family Home and Life.

34 comments:

  1. Thank you for linking up to my party. Love this recipe. Congratulations for being a featured host on Click and Chat Social Media!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your party Kathy - it is so unique. I would love to help you grow it too!
      I hope you enjoy the lemonade. We've been sipping it here this morning.
      Thank you! I am excited and grateful to be featured.

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh I LOVE lemonade made with real strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do too Suzzie! Thanks for visiting. ;)

      Delete
  3. Sounds so yummy and refreshing! So pinning this. Found you on the Merry Monday linkup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda,
      Thanks for visiting and pinning! Yes, it is a great cooling summer treat. Hope you enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  4. This looks heavenly - I'm pinning it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susan. It is pretty good! :) Fresh fruit makes everything better.

      Delete
  5. I'm definitely going to give this a try! I haven't found many non-alcoholic drinks for my family. This one is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane,
      Thanks for visiting. I halved the recipe that I normally make (there are 9 of us), but be prepared for it to go fast no matter how few or many people there are. I hope you all enjoy it!

      Delete
  6. Ooooh, so yummy and refreshing! My girls love lemonade... they would go crazy with this. Lemonade is so versatile too, there are so many ways to change it up.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Wishing you a blessed day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My bunch enjoy it a lot. We've tried some other fruits, but strawberry is still our favorite. I hope your girls enjoy. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
    2. So glad you chose to share this post at the SHINE Blog hop.

      Wishing you a lovely day.
      xoxo

      Delete
  7. Wow this looks amazing and refreshing! :-)
    Cathy @ three kids and a fish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy. I'm happy to have you visiting.

      Delete
  8. This sounds delicious! Will whip up a batch to bring for a 4th of July party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. Thi looks like a perfect summer night drink.. Pinned & Shared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for pinning and sharing. It is a great summer drink. We had another pitcher full this afternoon. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. Love refreshing drinks!! Perfect for summer!

    Hugs from Freedom Fridays With All My Bloggy Friends

    PS Pinning and scheduled on FB later today!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Evelyn. I appreciate you visiting, pinning and posting! I plan to come by and visit on FB. :)
      I hope you enjoy the lemonade. Have a beautiful weekend!

      Delete
  11. I absolutely love strawberry lemonade, thanks for sharing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for visiting! We love it too and just can't seem to get enough this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks so good! Pinned! Thank you for being a part of our party! Please join us tonight at 7 pm. We love having you! http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly. I appreciate you visiting and pinning. It's always fun being a part of your party. I'm looking forward to joining in again this week.

      Delete
  14. My husband and I don't drink, so anytime I come across a fun non-alcoholic drink I get so excited!! Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you enjoy. There may be no alcohol involved, but it can be quite addicting! :)
      Thanks for visiting and pinning. I look forward to joining your party again.

      Delete
  15. Lemonade is our absolute favorite beverage of summer, granted we can get enough lemons from neighbors (to not pay the $0.79 per lemon at the grocery store). I make simple syrups infused with herbs that I like to add to my homemade lemonade.
    Thank you for linking up to Farmer's Market Friday again this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the idea of infusing the syrup with herbs! I have never done that, but will certainly be giving it a try. What a great idea!
      Thanks for hosting your link party. I enjoy being a part.

      Delete
  16. Looks so refreshing Karen, Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! We love it on a hot summer day.

      Delete
  17. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Hope you enjoy it.

      Delete