Monday, June 9, 2014
The Taste of Summer: Strawberry Lemonade
I don't know about you, but I think lemonade is the perfect taste of summer. Something about the crisp, tangy-sweet flavor just seems like a lazy afternoon and picnics and green grass…
Anyway, we love lemonade around our house, and we love to experiment with drinks. Several years ago we experienced fruited lemonade at a restaurant, and were immediately hooked. So, we found a way to make some at home. We've tried a few different fruits, but we always come back to strawberry. It's our very favorite!
1 c. sugar
7 c. water, divided
1 c. fresh or frozen strawberries
3/4 cup lemon juice
chopped strawberries and lemon slices, optional
1. In a saucepan, combine the sugar and 1 cup water. Stir and heat until the sugar completely dissolves. Remove from heat and set aside.
2. In a blender combine the lemon juice and strawberries. Blend until the berries are pureed. Add the syrup and blend again.
3. Pour mixture into a pitcher and add 6 cups of cold water. Stir.
4. Garnish with strawberries and lemon slices.
5. Serve with plenty of ice and enjoy!
What are your favorite tastes of summer? Do you enjoy homemade lemonade?
This post may be linked at these great parties.
This post was featured at Creative Mama, Messy House and Family Home and Life.